To take brilliant photos with the raspberry pi camera is pretty simple, if you follow this step by step guide.
1. You need to connect all your peripheral devices (Monitor, Power-supply, Keyboard and a Mouse) and of course your Camera. 🙂
2. To make sure all your package-lists are up-to-date run:
sudo apt-get update
If it is asking for a download accept the request!
3. To make sure your kernel is up-to-date run:
sudo apt-get upgrade
It might will install some programms, if so accept it!
4. Now we enable the camera. To do so run:
sudo raspi-config --> enable Camera -> Enable
enable Boot to Desktop -> Enable
Now it’s best to reboot:
Select <Finish> and reboot
5. After some minutes you should be able to see your desktop, now open your terminal and type:
raspistill -o YourImage.jpg
Your Camera will now make the image, it will be stored in your HOME Directory (it will be called YourImage).
6. Finish 🙂
Have fun with your camera, if you have got any questions just write a comment.